Enjoy the Icelandic nature on a horseback ride
The famous Icelandic horse is special in many ways. All are from the original Icelandic horse breed and they have five gaits including the tolt.
The Icelandic horse is small but still muscular, with very dense bones, often with a heavy head and compact body. It is possessed of great agility and is also very sure-footed. It carries fully grown adults, at speed, without tiring.
Experiencing Icelandic nature on a horseback is a wonderful activity. It is possible to experience horseback riding at different locations, with different views and for different lengths of time.
The local horseback riding guides have extensive knowledge in history, nature, flora and fauna in the areas they explore with you and this will really help to make the most of your trip.
Please note that the horseback riding tours are more usually operated in May – September only. However, winter tours are possible upon special request.
- Guided horseback riding tour in an Icelandic horse in Icelandic nature
- Available in different time lengths – mostly 1-3 hours ride
- Available also as children´s tour by request
- Safety equipment, helmets
- Private tour available on request.
- This tour can be combined with most of our other tours and activities