Explore the unique world of the glaciers!
The outlet glaciers from the icecaps on the South Shore are easily accessed and they open up a wide possibility of glacier activities, ranging from easy hikes that can be adapted to suit almost everyone all the way up to more extreme hikes and glacier adventures.
The duration of the shorter hikes is around 2½ – 3½ hours where you get a fantastic introduction to the unique world of glaciers, with their own water systems, crevasses, dirt cones, glacier mice, moulins and possibly ice-caves. For everyone with a basic fitness level, the tours are suitable for the whole family (from 10 years).
If you are traveling in the area of the icecaps Myrdalsjökull and Vatnajökull (the biggest icecap in Iceland and the third largest in the world), you should not miss the opportunity to join a hike. The tours are operated on the outlet glaciers of the icecaps i.e. Sólheimajökull, an outlet glacier from Myrdalsjökull and Falljökull and Svínafellsjökull, outlet glaciers in the Vatnajökull National Par in the Skaftafell area.
- Basic glacier hike with a duration of 2,5-3 hours total
- 1,5-2 hours on ice
- Glacier ice gear and safety equipment
- Experienced safety and mountain guide
- Myrdalsjökull and Vatnajökull area
- You can request a private tour
- This tour can be combined with most of our other tours and activities