A spectacular dive in between continents
The Silfra ravine, in Þingvellir National Park, is a tectonic rift filled with crystal clear water that has about 150 meters visibility. The water temperature is stable at about 2°- 4°C, all year around.
This is one of the best fresh water diving sites in the world. It is a spectacular dive that every diver wants to experience.
Silfra ravine in Þingvellir is also in a Unesco World Heritage Site. Iceland’s most historically significant site is here, hosting the oldest democratic Parliament in the world.
Þingvellir is also known for its superb nature, situated on the tectonic plate boundaries between the Eurasian and the North-American plate.
The tour includes 1-2 dives depending on weather conditions.
PADI dive license required
- PADI dive master guide and instructor
- PADI dive license required
- 1-2 dives depending on weather conditions and season
- All equipment
- Hot chocolate and cookies
- Includes pick up and drop off in Reykjavík
- Includes pick up and drop off in Hvolsvöllur and surrounding areas if you combine this with one of our daytours
- Remember to bring warm long underwear, thick socks and extra clothes in case you get wet
- This tour can be combined with most of our other tours and activities