Magnificent wilderness in the winter scene
Winter in Þórsmörk will give you the sense of the remoteness and tranquility that the Icelandic interior has to offer.
Þórsmörk, the valley of the Thunder God Thor, will provide you with an experience of a lifetime, in a breathtaking landscape, surrounded by the volcanic glaciers of Mýrdalsjökull, Tindfjallajökull and Eyjafjallajökull, the one that erupted in 2010.
We stop by at some of the beautiful sceneries along the way. Among them Gígjökull, an outlet glacier from Eyjafjallajökull, and from where a glacial flood came down during the eruption in 2010, changing the landscape dramatically.
We drive in our specially adapted super jeeps that are capable of handling rough terrain and un-bridged rivers so we can experience the magnificent power of nature and winter conditions in the inland.
- Pick-up and drop-off in Hvolsvöllur and surrounding areas
- Super jeep driving with river crossing
- A local guide
- Hike in Thorsmork depending on energy, will and conditions
- Light lunch included
- Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Eyjafjallajökull volcano flood scene
- You can request for a private tour (most popular)
- This tour can be combined with most of our other tours and activities
*Children up to 12 years of age get 30% discount
You can book your trip through our widget on the right or you can send us a line at email@example.com.
Feel free to call us at +354 770 2030 any time.