Þórsmörk Mountain Reserve
Þórsmörk – The Valley of Thor
Eyjafjallajökull – Eruption site from 2010
Gígjökull – The “crater glacier”
Beautiful hiking and sights
Þórsmörk, the valley of the Thunder God Thor, will provide you with an experience of a lifetime, surrounded by volcanic glaciers, rough terrain, unbridged glacial rivers and mind-blowing wilderness.
Þórsmörk is located in between the three glaciers Mýrdalsjökull, Tindfjallajökull and Eyjafjallajökull (the one that erupted in 2010).
Among other sights and stops along the way, you will visit Gígjökull from where the powerful glacial floods escaped during the eruption in Eyjafjallajökull explosively.
Our local staff will guide you through the Eyjafjallajökull eruption scenarios, giving you a full and very vivid account of the action that roared through the area in April 2010 (and with many stories that didn’t hit the global media). We will drive in our specially adapted Super Jeeps, that are capable of handling rough terrain, and cross un-bridged rivers to experience the magnificence and power of nature.
In Þórsmörk, and all along the way, there are possibilities of shorter hikes depending on your energy and wishes.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Hvolsvöllur area – Other pickup locations on request.
- Around 3 hours of Super Jeep driving
- Super jeep guide
- Stop at the sights along the way among them Nauthúsagil, Gígjökull and more
- Possibilities for shorter hikes along the way and when arriving in Thorsmork
- You can request for a private tour (most popular)
- This tour can be combined with most of our other tours and activities
*Children up to 12 years old get 30% discount
Feel free to call us at +354 770 2030 any time.