One of Iceland’s most powerful volcanoes, Katla, lies dormant beneath the Mýrdalsjökull glacier.
This tour takes you right to the foot of the glacier, a place virtually untouched by man, surrounded by magnificent landscapes and awe-inspiring colours. We visit Reynisdrangar and the black beach, two of Iceland’s most-photographed and picturesque sites, before heading into the Mýrdalssandur desert, ending at a stunning waterfall that emerges from the ice at the foot of the glacier. We also visit a mountain hut that is reputed to be haunted, and the Hjörleifshöfði plateau mountain, an area immortalized in countless films, TV ads and music videos.
Highlights: Reynisfjall, Black beach, Super Secret Glacier, Hjörleifshöfði, Haunted hut.
Private trip price:
2-3 person: 119.600 ISK total.
4-5 person: 179.400 ISK total.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Vík area or meet us at N1 in VÍK.
- Pickup in Reykjavík on request and extra fee.
- Around 3 hours of Super Jeep driving and light hiking
- Local Super jeep driver/guide
- Stop at the sights along the way
- You can request for a private tour (most popular)
- This tour can be combined with most of our other tours and activities
- NOTE: Bring warm clothing, rain gear and good shoes.
*Children up to 12 years old get 30% discount