Embark on a journey from Reykjavik as we soar towards the site of the 2024 eruption, which commenced on February 8. Experience the latest volcanic activity in Iceland firsthand—a truly awe-inspiring natural phenomenon that should not be missed during your visit.
The Reykjanes Peninsula underwent a notable eruption starting on March 19, 2021, lasting six months and resulting in a vast lava plateau and numerous craters. This marked the first eruption on the Reykjanes Peninsula since the 14th century, preceded by three weeks of more than 50,000 earthquakes in the region.
A subsequent eruption unfolded on August 3, 2022, when a new crater emerged, adding fresh lava to the already expansive lava plateau.
Continuing the sequence, the third eruption commenced on July 10, 2023, contributing additional lava to the extensive plateau.
The fourth eruption in this series commenced on December 18, 2023, surpassing the intensity of its predecessors from 2021. Once again, new lava was introduced to the extensive plateau.
During this aerial expedition, marvel at the landscape from a bird’s-eye view, witnessing the vibrant colors and massive scale of the craters, all while immersing yourself in the surrounding scenery.
The tour spans approximately 60 minutes, with the important note that there won’t be a landing at the eruption site. However, rest assured that we aim to provide the optimal viewing experience from the air.
Please be mindful of the following:
- The visibility of lava during your tour is contingent upon the volcano’s natural activity.
- A minimum of four passengers is required for each tour.
- If your preferred departure time is unavailable or if you are part of a larger group (more than five people), kindly contact us here.
- All flights are subject to weather conditions, adhering to the regulations established by the Department of Civil Protection and Emergency Management. In the event of a cancellation due to weather or uncontrollable factors, we will strive to reschedule your flight or offer a full refund.
- Due to the nature of the flight, children under the age of 2 are not accommodated on this tour. Exceptions can be discussed for private tours.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if booking is cancelled 1 day or less before the event
We will charge a cancellation fee of 50% if booking is cancelled 3 days or less before the event
We will charge a cancellation fee of 10% if booking is cancelled 14 days or less before the event
Book now and experience the volcanic eruption in Iceland!
This tour is operated by a trusted partner of Midgard:
We have carefully selected very few trusted partners. We have a close relationship with each one of them and years of experience of booking tours with them.
Nauthólsvegur, 101 Reykjavík, IS
|approx. 60 min.
Did you know that Midgard Adventure is also a travel agency? We will happily arrange your entire holiday for you. Contact us.
Do you need accommodation? Midgard Base Camp offers bunk beds and private rooms. It´s the ideal base camp for you adventure travel in South Iceland. Midgard Base Camp also has a restaurant, a bar and a café.