On the 4-Day Northern Light Adventure Tour you will:
✓ Experience a super jeep adventure in Þórsmörk, the Valley of the Thunder God Thor
✓ Witness the magical Northern lights (depending on weather of course)
✓ Explore the surroundings of the famous Eyjafjallajökull, the volcano that erupted in 2010
✓ Discover amazing and breathtaking south coast sites such as Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, Reynisfjara the black sand beach and Dyrhólaey island
✓ Ice-walk at Sólheimajökull Glacier and get an introduction to the glacial world
✓ Hike Reykjadalur (geothermal area) and bath in a hot river or visit the famous Golden Circle
All tours and activities, accommodation, meals, transport and all transfers are included in the price. An expert local guide will make sure you get the best possible experience. We will take care of you from the very beginning with an airport pick-up until we drop you off on the last day.
What to expect?
We have put together this 4-Day package that allows you to experience awe-inspiring landscapes along with fun and exciting activities. This is the perfect 4-day package for a winter vacation in Iceland. The itinerary has the flexibility needed for a winter tour in Iceland. We check weather and adjust the itinerary and thus make sure you get the most out of your winter vacation.
Do you want to do a similar tour sometime between March and October? Check out our 4-Day Iceland Adventure Package.
We have created the ideal base for your adventure travel in Iceland. You will accommodate at Midgard Base Camp. At Base Camp you will also find a restaurant, bar, café and a small clothing and gear store. It is filled with local people and good vibes. Comfortable beds, delicious food, locally brewed beer, fuzzball table and not to mention the rooftop sauna and hot tub. For more information check out Midgard Base Camp’s website.
Want to know more?
Check out the detailed itinerary for a description for each day.
All our multiday tours are also available as private.
Book now and join a tour with a small group of fellow travelers or send us a request for a private day tour.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN||We pick you up at the airport and take care of you the whole time until we leave you in Reykjavík or KEF airport in the afternoon of day 4|
|DURATION||4 days / 3 nights|
|WEAR||Comfortable clothing, hiking shoes and warm clothes according to this area’s weather forecast and activities in our day to day description. Upon booking you will receive a detailed packing list.|
|GROUP SIZE||There is a minimum of 4 participants for this tour. In case of fewer bookings we will give you two choices: alternative trip or 100% refund. Maximum size 16 people.|
|FOR WHOM?||Anyone who wants to get up close to Iceland’s geographical wonders and see the Nothern Lights.|
|TRANSPORTATION||Mini-bus and super jeeps.|
Did you know that Midgard Adventure is also a travel agency? We will happily arrange your entire holiday for you. Contact us.
DAY 1- Welcome to Iceland!
- Arrive at Keflavík International Airport (KEF) before 11:00AM. Your guide will be there to welcome you.
- On our way to the south we will explore the Reykjanes peninsula.
- On our way we will stop for lunch and also do some sightseeing to give you a feel for what Iceland is all about, the landscape and the geothermal power underneath.
Late afternoon/ evening:
- If you arrive early to Base Camp (depending on your flight) we recommend you start by visiting the amazing Lava Centre (a few minutes walk from Base Camp)
- Enjoy an Icelandic dinner at Midgard Base Camp and get to know the rest of the group
- If there is a clear sky and the Northern Lights forecast is promising we will pack our bags and head on searching for the Lights. This applies for all the nights if the prognosis is good.
- For those not willing to take on more travel during the nights you can put on your bathing suits, place yourself in the hot tub on the rooftop at Midgard Base Camp and wait for the lights to arrive.
- Accommodation at Midgard Base Camp
DAY 2 - South Coast and glacier adventure
- Enjoy a delicious breakfast buffet at Midgard Base Camp
- Today we will explore the beautiful south coast. Possible stops include: Skógafoss waterfall, Seljalandsfoss waterfall (you can walk behind it!), black sand beach, Vík, Reynisfjara and Dyrhólaey.
- Visit the Sólheimajökull outlet glacier to witness the ongoing changes on the glaciers. To give you an even better introduction of the glacier world we fasten our crampons and take on a short hike on the glacier.
- If time allows and if road conditions are good we might head all the way to Vik but we will adjust to daylight and weather.
- When back at Midgard Base Camp in the afternoon we recommend visiting the local swimming pool. Sitting in the pool after an active day is very rewarding. The pool area consists of an outdoor pool filled with warm water, hot tubs and a sauna.
- Dinner at Midgard Base Camp Restaurant
- Activities during the evening depend on the group. Usually people are tired after the day and want to enjoy the evening having a drink at the bar and sharing stories. However if you still have energy we will gladly arrange an outdoor activity.
- If the northern lights forecast is promising we will head out in search for them. We might not even have to step out of Base Camp to see them – you can possibly enjoy the view from the roof top hot tub.
- Accommodation at Midgard Base Camp
DAY 3 - Þórsmörk or Eyjafjallajökull super jeep adventure
- After a nice breakfast at Midgard Base Camp we tie our shoelace and head on to Þórsmörk, the valley of the Thunder God Thor. Þórsmörk was made in eruptions underneath the glaciers that makes its wonderful landscape.
- On our way inside the valley we will explore the surroundings of the volcano Eyjafjallajökull, the one that erupted in 2010. We stop by the outlet glacier Gígjökull where the eruption first presented itself.
- When in Þórsmörk we take on hikes depending on the group’s energy and will.
- Enjoy a delicious dinner at Midgard Base Camp Restaurant
- This night there is still a possibility to visit the swimming pool or the Lava Centre. Another possibility is to go on a bike tour around the Hvolsvöllur area.
- As with the two previous nights we will search for the northern lights if the forecast is promising
- Accommodation at Midgard Base Camp
DAY 4 - Surprise day / Departure
- After a filling breakfast at Midgard Base Camp, get ready for your final adventure
- On this day there are a few possibilities. We will most likely take you on a hike to Reykjadalur, the geothermal area and for a warm bath but if weather does not allow we will just do something else which might include the Golden Circle, the Þjórsárdalur walley or more. The weather will decide on this. Whatever will be the choice we promise a nice day.
- At the end of the day we take you to Keflavík International Airport (KEF) or Reykjavík. If you are flying home on this day your flight should depart 7:00PM or later.
- If you decide to extend your stay we are of course more than willing to help you book your accommodation in Reykjavík or help you extend your trip elsewhere.
- We can also drop you off at the Blue lagoon (entrance not included and pre-booking is required).
- Reykjavík/airport pick up on day 1 and drop off in Reykjavík/airport on day 4
- Accommodation in bunk beds (6 bed dorm) at Midgard Base Camp. Upgrade is possible. See information below.
- Guided tours all days
- Ice walk
- Northern light evening tour given good forecast
- All meals (except breakfast on arrival day and dinner on departure day)
- Personal expenses
Up on request:
- Upgrade of accommodation. Please do not hesitate to be in touch if you want an upgrade of your accommodation. To upgrade to a private double room with private bathroom the price is 18.150 ISK per person for all the nights (based on two people deciding on this). To upgrade to a family room for four people with shared bathroom the price is 13.325 ISK per person (based on four people deciding on this).
- Extension of trip
- Private trip