Check out the detailed itinerary in the tab above. Here is a short introduction:
A 7 day Icelandic Highland Winter Adventure for those seeking to be a traveller, not a tourist. The trip is a combination of total remoteness combined with civilization, touch of the locals, adventure activities in inspiring landscape and a welcoming atmosphere.
Activities and destinations include a snowmobile safari and hot spring bathing in Landmannalaugar, super jeep safari and snowshoe hike in Thorsmork, ice-climbing and ice-walking at Sólheimajökull, visiting South Coast sites such as Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss and black beaches, the famous Golden Circle tour and a day on your own in Reykjavík.
Check out the detailed itinerary in the tab above.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Midgard guide picks you up at the airport. Different ways of transportation on departure day depending on your ETD. See full day-to-day description in the tab above.|
|AVAILABLE DATES||Please contact us for dates.|
|DURATION||7 days / 6 nights|
|WEAR||Comfortable clothing, hiking shoes and warm clothes according to this area’s weather forecast and activities in our day to day description. Upon booking you will receive a detailed packing list.|
|BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS||Please click here for Midgard’s booking terms & conditions.|
|GROUP SIZE||Min 8, max. 16 people. Can be adjusted to bigger and smaller group size by request.|
|FOR WHOM?||Fits individuals, group of friends, couples and families with grown up kids. Can be adjusted to company groups that would like to add some work in to it. Few places as inspiring for new ideas as the ones visited on this tour.|
|TRANSPORTATION||Mini-bus and super jeeps.|
Please ask for ideas and quote for your prolonged stay based on your preferences. If you want an upgrade of your accommodation please be in touch. Sleeping bag accommodation in Volcano Huts can be upgraded to a double room accommodation in made up beds with a shared bathroom. Midgard Base Camp accommodation can be upgraded to family accommodation with shared bathroom or to a double room with private or shared bathroom. If requirements for private rooms with private bathrooms are more than we can fulfil at Midgard Base Camp we will accommodate you at some of our neighbour countryside guesthouses or hotels or with our co-operators at Hótel Rangá. Hotels in Reykjavík can be upgraded to a different variety of 4 star hotels.
Feel free to request a private tour through email@example.com. You can call us at +354 578 3370 from 09:00 – 17:00 all weekdays.
DAY 1 - Airport pick up - The Highland Center
DAY 2 - Snowmobile safari & Landmannalaugar
DAY 3 - Super jeep safari from the Highlands to Thorsmork
DAY 4 - Snowshoe hike in Thorsmork
DAY 5 - Glacier walk and ice climbing on Sólheimajökull
DAY 6 - To Reykjavik via The Golden circle: Geysir, Gullfoss, Thingvellir
DAY 7 - A day to enjoy Reykjavík
- All transport (super jeep and bus) except for private transport on the Reykjavík day and airport transport on your way back (will though be arranged for by Midgard Adventure).
- English speaking local guide all days (except for the day in Reykjavík)
- All accommodation including breakfast:
- Highland center 2 nights in double / twin rooms with private bathroom.
- Thorsmork, Volcano Huts. Sleeping bag accommodation in a mountain hut.
- Midgard Base Camp 2 nights in a made up bunk bed with shared bathroom. Max 6 persons per room.
- Reykjavík. 1 nights in a 3 star accommodation in a double / twin room with a private bathroom.
- All meals after arriving in the afternoon of day 1 (except meals on the Reykjavík day)
- Snack and water in car
- All activities mentioned in the itinerary as weather allows:
- Super jeep tours
- Ice walk / ice climb
- Possibly cross country skiing
- Meals on the Reykjavík day
- Transport to the airport on departure day
- Personal expenses
- Extra activities not mentioned above and personal activities on the Reykjavík day
Up on request:
- Upgrade of accommodation. Please do not hesitate to be in touch if you want an upgrade of your accommodation. Summary of possibilities for each accommodation at the end of the itinerary description
- Extension of trip
- Private trip